Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

Last weekend we celebrated my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary by going on the weekend cruise to Ensenada. 33 of us went! 2 parents, 8 children, 6 spouces, 15 grandchildren & 2 friends. It was my first cruise. It was alot of fun! It did fill a little like being at Circus Circus on the water. I was dizzy about half of the time. But it was wonderful being with my family. We are all so close and we have our parents to thank for that!
We celebrated the by having a party for them. We all shared memories and I realized it was the little things that we all treasured...going for Ice cream at Thriftys, Camping, wrestling with dad, seeing all the service mom gave. What a great example my parents are to me and my entire family!



8 comments:

Rachel said...

does this mean you got a picture CD? If you did I want a copy please!!

thanks

Ruth said...

Ok guys it's only been 1 week. I think I got the cd out pretty fast.:) Racheal I uploaded the pics to costco if you want to order any as well. Just call and give me your email adddress.Beth I have to say I didn't know if you were gonna keep up the blog thing but ou are doing a good job.

Christy said...

Wow. I love this picture. How great that you were able to get so many together. And how they've all changed. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

The McCullough Crew said...

Picture CD. Count us in for sure. Thanks Beth for pretty much arrange the whole cruise. It was awesome.

Beth said...

To the Witten family send Ruth an Email and she will send you a link to the Costco website where all the pictures are uploaded. The CD was a huge pain because we had over 500 pictures. When I took it to my photo lab it took forever because of the size of the file. On costco online you can just click on the photos you want and order. They all are on line for viewing. (Much easier and less expensive!)

Georgia said...

What a fun weekend. You guys are truly blessed with a wonderful family!

Kelly Fam said...

What a fantastic idea! I told my mom we should do that in 20 years when It's their 50th. We'll see if the idea hold that long :) Your family is so great
-Amber

Jay and JoAnn said...

I got on to make a comment last week, but my attention was needed elsewhere. Your parents not only left a wonderful legacy for your family but for me as well. I have VERY FOND memories growing up and even when I was married with 5 children they welcomed and loved us into their home to stay for the summer. In a 2 bedroom loft no less. That was a great summer. I love them dearly and am so glad that you had the opportunity to be together with family and friends.