Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesdays are my Favorite!

I love Wednesdays! I decided about a month ago that I needed a Max and Ollie fix every week. Plus I knew my sister Ruth would love a day off from her 2 busy boys. I pick the boys up from school and we spend the day together. We have gone to Disneyland, Knott's, Miniature Golfing, Swimming and to the Park. After all those fun days I found out that their favorite thing to do is just hanging out at my house. (Which we will be doing more of in the fuure, it is a lot cheaper!)
They are amazing! They keep smiling and remind me to enjoy life a little more. I get to spoil them rotten and send them home!

I Love our conversations each week. Last week was a good one;
Max: Beth I am going on a field trip on Friday to see Dinosaurs!
Beth: Wow! that sounds like fun!
Max: Yeah, but they're all dead ....I will only get to see their bones :(

Beth: What do you guys want to do to day?
Ollie: I want to go lawn bowling!
Beth: Lawn bowling?
Ollie: You know where you hit the ball with a long stick into the castle!
Beth: Oh you mean miniature golfing!


Max: NOOOO! I want to go bowling Ollie said bowling..
Ollie: NOOOOO! I want to go Miniature Golfing!!!


(After a little yelling Ollie won but our next trip will be bowling)

But the best is if you ask who their favorite person is.... I am! #1... followed by Grandma Shultz who is #2... with Aunt Heather who is a close #3. I was worried when I heard Heather was babysitting for the entire weekend when we were on our cruise. I knew she had big plans to spoil them and knock me from the number one spot...

When I asked them today I was relieved to know I am still their number 1!!!
Bring it on Heather!

9 comments:

Georgia said...

Hey Beth....I was just talking about you yesterday, saying what a great person you are. You are truly creating such incredible memories for your sweet nephews. No wonder they love you so much! And now....an official Grandma. You lucky girl. I am so happy for you. I miss seeing you. Lets get together (maybe Mongolian BBQ?????)

Katie Schultz said...

Hey can you pick me up on Wednesdays too? Sounds like a blast. I love that after all the fun amazing places, they would just like to hang out at your house.

Christy said...

Seriously. I want a "Beth" in my life. How can I get one of those?

Beth said...

I would love to add the girls to our Wednesdays! (Max & Ollie love them) Next time your town let me know!

Jones Family said...

Does Heather have a SNACK DRAWER??? I think you will continue your reign as #1 until you have some REAL competition.

Rachel said...

I wish I could come hang out on Wednesdays too! I love that picture of max holding up the ball and club!

p.s.
I added me, Courtney, and Crystal to your friends, and I had fixed the Twilight Trailer so you can watch it now.

Ruth said...

Yeah for Beth! Thakns to her my boys are still living. And I'm still sane.

jenn (+ will) said...

thanks beth! i love your blog and photos!

Christy said...

Well, I was talking about me. :) I need a Beth to take care of ME. :) But I GUESS I can let the girls have one too. :) And yes, the girls would love coming over if you're serious about it. Just swimming at your pool is a major highlight. Maybe Ruth can help (since she has a schedule) figure out when they're gonna be there and when would be a good day. That would be awesome! They would love it! Thank you!