Thursday, April 23, 2009

27 Wonderful Years!

Yes...I am old...enough to be married 27 years.

I met Charles in the summer of 1977.
I was 14 years old and Charles was 17. We met at Church Youth Conference. It was being held at a new university in Irvine. UCI. On the first day we had these name badges that encouraged us to introduce ourselves to each other. I was sitting in my dorm room when this cute boy was walking by...perfect time to use my name badge. Three days later he went home with my badge with my phone number written on the back.










Someone took our picture. Look how cute he is!

My first impression was he was much too old for me, I mean he shaved and everything. After nine months of him trying to win me over to the idea of dating an older man...he asked me to his Prom. I was still in Jr High so this was huge! Because I was now 15 1/2 and we would be going with a big group my parents agreed to let me go.
That's when it all began.

After Charles served a mission in Austria & Yugoslavia and 10 months after I graduated from High School...

We were Married on a beautiful day on April 3, 1982 Now 27 years , 4 children, 2 sons-in-law and beautiful Granddaughter later...I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Charles for being my best friend
and partner in life. I am looking forward to the next 27 years~

13 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow your old!!!! HAHA. I love the pictures you guys look hot. So your still in love?

jenn (+ will) said...

this is the coolest post ever!!! :) what a great story and the photos are amazing!

heather said...

i love that you have a picture of you two at the youth conference where you met. and your name tag. i've never seen those before. happy anniversary!

Georgia said...

Ok, as a mother of a 15 year old, the thought of Gina meeting "the one" at this age scares me. Hee-hee....but what a great story!

I LOVE all the pictures. The prom one is a classic!

Happy Anniversary. Wishing you many, many more happy years.

Cathy said...

....I like the prom dress..... must of got it from Cathy's Closet... Happy anniversary!

Heather Pierre said...

The photo's are needed to be on your mantle asap! All I can say is.... I remember! Ha!!! You have a hard time foiling me Beth Witten Lamb.... cause I was almost always there (thank goodness!!)or at least the next day and I always got a play by play (hands down, those play by plays are some of my lives best entertainment). I am glad Charles won!! Congrats! You both are just beautiful and I love ya!
Tata

Melany said...

these pictures are so fun to look at! i swear, my mom has the same hair-do in one of her high school dance pictures, all farrah fawcett-ish. you guys are so cute!

Christy said...

Wow. that's seriously amazing. I love those pictures. THANK you for this post!

J, J and B said...

This is the coolest post I have ever seen!. Those pictures are priceless!!

Jay and JoAnn said...

Congratulations! I always thought Nathan resembled you but not after seeing those pictures of Charles at 17! What a cute couple!

Jones Family said...

Those are amazing pictures! I can't believe he still has your name tag. I guess Stake Youth Conferences are the way to go to meet someone.

Kim Walker Mortensen said...

I am glad this all came about because this is how I was blessed with my husband Boyd!! That was a fun Conference!

alfa carens said...

want to learn acout Computer Network, Digital

visit to here

Want to get world cup 2010
visit to here