Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Love Sundays

I look forward to Sundays all week. It is a day of enjoying my family, going to church, a day of rest which translates into taking my well deserved weekly nap. But what I really look forward to is the big family Sunday dinner.

Once a month the big Lamb family gets together to celebrate monthly birthdays. The Lamb family is getting bigger every year with weddings and babies...When Jennie and Dave are visiting, we now have 47 people including the babies! I love hosting the dinner at my house even though it is quite cramped.


When the Lambs aren't coming over for dinner I will try my hardest to have a big Sunday dinner with inviting my married kids, their friends and family that don't have family living close by to have Sunday dinner with, plus Ruth & Scott with my favorite little boys. It is the day of the week I am cooking a real meat and potatoe dinner, not an instant Costco dinner. After dinner we play games or just talk. It sometimes gets a little loud and crazy... that's how I love it!



Maybe it has something to do with my childhood growing up in a loud and crazy house with 8 kids and lots of friends who were always over. Plus my huge extended family Sunday dinners at my grandparents little house filled with Aunts, Uncles and hundreds of cousins.

So if you ever find yourself eating alone on any given Sunday, please come on over! I always cook extra just in case! We would love to have you!

6 comments:

Georgia said...

I totally LOVE Sunday dinners, too. There is just something so relaxing about it. Even with all the noise and people.....its great. Plus, (and I know this makes me sound so old), but just to slow down, and really just enjoy my family and friends. Its so important. I am glad you have that tradition. It is something your kids will pass down to their families, too.

Yaaahooo for Sunday dinners!!!!!

heather said...

I love your Sunday dinners mom. I was just thinking about how much fun it is that I can still bring friends over to your house and they all tell me how lucky I am to have such a cool mom. I hope I can have the patience for big family dinners at my house one day.

Shannon said...

If I lived closer I would definitely invite myself. I can totally see your house jam packed with awesome people!

Ruth said...

I LOVE sundays too. It is always fun at your house.

Katie said...

Wow! That sounds amazing!

The idea that one person can cook for 47 is a totally inspiring.

Jones Family said...

We love eating dinner at Mamo Beth's house!!! Sometimes I really do crave "Charles' Chicken."