Saturday, August 2, 2008

Philadelphia with my Girls

I went to Philadelphia with my 3 daughters and my little grand daughter.


We went to attend the wedding of Andrew & Nina Strothers. Heather & Rachel were Groomsmaids!
Andrew is the son of my childhood friend, Kim Muller.

Andrew and her other son, Stewart, grew up with my girls. They call them the brothers and my girls are the sisters. (They were their only brothers until Nathan came along) It is so awesome how they are all still so close. My nephew Joey, became a close friend too. He was one of the groomsmen!

We had a great time seeing the sights and hanging out!














Favorites of the Trip
Tour of the city in a Horse drawn carriage
All the histoical sights...old beautiful homes and cobblestone streets
My first Philly Cheese steak sandwich w/ grilled onions & cheese wiz...yum!
The Wedding
Being with my girls and my nephew too!

Not so favorite...being stuck in an Airport all day because our flight was cancelled. It wasn't all bad, we came home the next day and spent an extra day in the city, sight seeing.

I came out of retirement and photographed the wedding with Vanessa.
Vanessa is an amazing photographer!
Here are some of her photos.


My favorite picture of the day!

7 comments:

Georgia said...

Blog-Stocking.....back at ya Beth (hee-hee)

What an awesome trip for you guys. Your girls are all sooo pretty Beth, and have grown up into really great women! And that grand-baby, too cute!

Sounds like the trip was amazing. And you are right, Vanessa is a great photographer....the pictures are beautiful. Very captivating!

So glad you had fun! Life is short, live it good!

Melany said...

hey miss beth! i know - blogging is so addictive. those pix of you guys in philadelphia are so cute. breaking dawn was okay...it just seemed like stephenie meyer was grasping at straws in terms of how her story wrapped up.

heather said...

phili was awesome!

and... i LOVE those pictures nessa took! she really needs to pursue her photography career. i already have tons of friends asking how much she charges.

Ruth said...

You still got it!

Jones Family said...

I love Vanessa's pictures... my favorite one is the pic of Baby Wendy... the one she looks like an angel in.

Rachel said...

Lovely pictures
Are you making print or should I? We should have a girls weekend trip more often it was so much fun!

Christy said...

That looks like you had so much fun. And what great photographs Vanessa took. I know we all loved the pictures she took of Homestead. She definitely takes after you.