Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTHY LU!!!!!

Today is my baby sister, Ruth's birthday. She is 33 years old! I remember the day she was born... Yes I feel old! I feel so fortunate to live in the same city as her and her sweet little family. She has truly become one of my best Friends. She is the first person I call when I have news, or when I am upset about something. She 13 years younger then me but she always gives me the best advise to handling all my life's problems. She is amazing and I know all of you who read my blog know her and her talents.
This a few of the reasons why I think she is amazing...

She was the youngest of 8 children with 4 older sisters.
Which means she grew up with 5 moms always telling her what to do. She handled it with a smile :) Yes that is her on the right!
(My mom is the one in the red...She looks amazing!)






She entertained most of my friends and dates...Just think, Ollie's wit mixed with Max's goofiness and you have Ruthy. She was perfect for breaking the ice when I brought someone to the Witten home for the first time.






She was and is the coolest Aunt for my kids. Charles said that if we ever wanted our kids to try something new, we would have Ruth suggest it because then they would try it for sure!
Ruth loved my 80's leopard print sweatshirt she is wearing in this picture. I think I finally just gave it to her.




She is always smiling, making you smile with her. She is the family comedian & entertainer (along with our brother Drew.) She has always had that talent. She is the life of the party. Being the youngest of 8 children I guess you had to be to out going to get anyone to notice you.





She is the family Stylist. She has done my daughters hair for all their important events from graduation, proms to weddings. (Waking up sometimes at in the early morning hours like in this photo where she is doing Heather's hair for 8th grade graduation) Not mention hair cuts and color. She has had me go from red to blond over the years. I don't even need to tell her what to do. I trust her 100% I just sit in her chair and let her do her thing!


She took Nathan everywhere she went. It was so awesome! I had 3 busy girls, plus my life has always been crazy! It was such a big help to have her entertain that active little boy! Now she is letting me return the favor. I love having her boys spend the day with me! They keep smiling just like their mom did!





She is my own personal shopper. She has amazing style. Last year when I lost some weight I was in desperate need of new clothes. Charles gave me some gift certificates for my birthday to
2 stores in the Mall. (He knew to call Ruth and asked her which store to buy them in) I shopped a little before Ruth joined me and I could not find anything I liked. She came and had me in an entire new wardrobe in about an hour. It was amazing...I just stayed in the dressing room while she brought me different things to try on. I love to shop with her because she finds the deals! I don't think she has ever bought any clothes that were not on sale.

She keeps her olders sisters up to date on the latest fads & Styles. She started the Witten Women Retreats. Our first one was to New York City. It was so much fun! She knew where to shop and what cool things we had to try... Like Magnolia's Cupcakes and H & M. She has got me hooked on Blogging, Twilight, Pink Berry, Jogging, Lindora (Thanks to her I am in better shape then I have been in for years!) and so much more.

Happy Birthday Ruth... You are an special person and I feel so blessed to have known you your entire life
and to have had so many fun wonderful memories with you!
Have a great day today and a wonderful year!

7 comments:

heather said...

HAPPY B-DAY RUTH! this was a great explanation of ruthy- so true about the "just have ruth suggest it."

ps. by the way, i forgive you for putting up that horrible jr. high picture of me :)

Ruth said...

Yes I cried when I read the blog. Thank you. What would I do without my sister!!! I am with Heather though, she was in Jr high, whats my excuse. I look Haggered!!!

Cathy Woodruff said...

I am so lucky to have such wonderful sisters! Beth you are so good at remembering and making everyone feel so special...Our lives have truly been bless with our Baby Ruth!

Melany said...

what a nice blog about ruth! that is so sweet and those pictures are SO priceless.

The McCullough Crew said...

I agree! Ruth is awesome!

Georgia said...

Happy Birthday Ruth......YES.....sisters are awesome!

I just got home from New York. What a BLAST!

Heather Pierre said...

Happy Birthday Ruth! Beth almost said it all.. cause I also couldn't wait till you were born too, I just don't have the photo's. Thank goodness for Beth. She always knows how to make you feel special. You were funny from the start and always part of the pack I bet you look back at your childhood with much fun and happiness. Remember the tubing the stream in Morgan Hill? or the trampoline?? I remember that photo shoot in LA when you were 15 like yesterday, I was sure you were going to be a top model, but really, secretly the top billing for SNL, funny, smart and beautiful. Hey did you get the t-shirts I sent for the boys? Love you Ruthy, Heather Powers